AVMC just wants to thank everyone for the patience and understanding during this time. We have been experiencing longer than normal wait times due to how busy we have become. We as a team have been trying our best to accommodate everyone the best we can and know how to. We kindly ask, you give us the same patience and understanding. During this time, our business hours have been changed as well to Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. Please pick up your surgery patient or drop-off appointment before then.
Here at AVMC, we will not be tolerating any rude clients towards our staff. This is unexaptable. If you have any concerns, please ask to talk to Michelle, or email us. We are all trying our best and we ask that you be patient with us. Once we were able to resume all procedures and non-essential business, we have become very busy. Because of these, we are booked out a few months in appointments and surgeries. Please be patient if we can not get you into our books the day you need.
We have added some policies to help us run as smoothly as possible. We ask that you read the list below and if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out and ask. We are here for you and your animal.
- We have started implementing a no-show no-call fee to all appointments that have missed. Our fee is $10 for a missed appointment without calling to cancel. Please call us to cancel prior to your appointment if anything needs to be canceled or rescheduled.
- We have added a covid-19 fee for $4.95. This fee is currently helping us keep masks and gloves stocked at all times so we can better assist you and your animals. This is also to keep us and you safe. If we couldn’t provide these PPE, we wouldn’t be able to be open and operate.
- We also have a 15 minute grace period for your appointment. If you are later than 15 minutes, we will have to reschedule your appointment. We have been extremely busy and having a lot of late appointments can push our schedule back, causing wait times for clients who have showed up on time for their appointments. IF you are going to be 5-10 minutes PLEASE call us!
- We have added the option for sick appointment drop offs. These appointments are made the day off or day before to allow sick patients to still be seen. These appointments are in the morning, and you are supposed to go about your day. But please have your phone on you so we can call you with updates.
- When you are here for a regular appointment PLEASE stay in the parking lot with your phone on you, so can call you. Please treat these appointments as if you are still in the building.
- PLEASE allow 24 hours for ALL medications and food to be refilled
- We also have an online pharmacy and hills to home for anyone who needs medications or hills prescription diet. These can be delivered to your house, so you don’t have to come to our facility every time you need something refilled. This is on our website, if you need help getting to these places.
- To keep us safe, we also are asking to please get your pet out of the car for us. We will not be going into anyone's car to get them.
Thank you all again for taking the time to read this letter and understand we are here for you. We are trying our best to be here for you and your animal. We want to continue to run our business and stay open, so please follow the procedures we have in place. Thank you!
What does CURBSIDE SERVICE mean?
*When you come for your appointment, call us at 248-478-5400, and a staff member will meet you at your car to pick up your pet. The veterinarian will examine your pet and call you on your cell phone to review the exam findings and answer any questions that you may have.
*After the necessary treatments have been performed you will be checked out by phone and a staff member will bring your pet back to you.
*Payment by credit card over the phone is preferred. Receipts will be provided.
*If you need medication or prescription refills, please call and give payment information over the phone, and we will bring it out to you.
Lastly, if you are exhibiting any symptoms of cough, fever or shortness of breath, please stay home, and have a healthy family member assist you in bringing your pet in. Please let us know if we can help you out!
THANK YOU FOR STICKING BY US DURING THESE UNCERTAIN TIMES!
We will continue to keep you up to date as things change.